Monday, March 26, 2007

Finished Object. Honest.

Finally. It felt so good to finish the first of two little sweaters I've been working on for a colleague's brand-new niece. So good, in fact, that I forgot to take a photo for posterity's sake. Sigh. It's the PeaPod sweater set free on the Interweave Knits website. (I have no idea how to insert a link...so you'll have to visit the Interweave website "à l'ancienne" until I figure it out.)

I knit it up in a deep purple superwash wool. My gauge was completely off but, amazingly, my attempt at a 3-month sized sweater ended up exactly 6-month sized. So brand-new niece will be warm in September.

I'm really quite pleased with the end result. So much so that I'll probably knit up another, in a more manly colour, for Simonazo's fall adventures in High Park. Any special colour requests Simonazo?

No comments: