Wednesday, April 16, 2008

She's here! She's here!

My Zelda tote arrived today. Actually, she arrived yesterday but nobody was home to receive the package, so she arrived today. And I'm thrilled. Thrilled. I've wanted one of these Offhand Designs bags for eons and lept into action when I realized that the tote was being discontinued. I finally found my tote on a baby bag website - so it's got a vinyl lining instead of fabric - and was able to get the pattern I've lusted after. Are you curious? Here she is:


Sigh. I'm still smitten with their Zelda Weekender (I'm torn between Daisy Mae, Pomegranate and Ruby Vine), but right now, Zelda Tote and I are going to get to know each other.

On the knitting front, the big green shawl is going well. This has been a real lesson in intuitive knitting. I've been trying really hard to listen to the yarn instead of forcing the design. I have a general sense of where I want to go with this shawl and not much else. From the moment I cast on, I found that my intuition would guide me in one direction, and logic would demand another. When I listen to my intuition, I'm ok. When logic rules, I find myself ripping stuff out. In fact, tonight I forced it and I have 400+ stitches to unknit, one blessed stitch at time. Lesson learned...I think.

No comments: