Friday, June 01, 2007

Meet Daffodil


Here she is. Mission Falls cotton in that amazing buttery yellow and grass green. 4 1/2 mm Addi Turbo needles. I'm loving almost everything about this sweater. The picot edges are exactly as I had imaged them. The colours are perfect. The waist shaping taking my breath away. And then I look at the neckline and I want to tear it all apart.

From the start I saw a deep scoop neck. It's the right thing for this sweater. And yet my first attempts haven't been successful. I put Daffodil aside this week to just think on how I wanted to move forward and I'm still not sure. Part of me - the part that wants to wear her, says opt for a boatneck and deal with the scoop neck another time. The visionary in me wants me to try again - because Daffodil with a scoop neck feels right.

This so frutrating for me. I've dreamed about this sweater for ages - I want her to be perfect. It's taken so much more work that I expected and I'm constantly second guessing myself. Set in sleeves vs raglan. Scoop vs boatneck. Sigh.


I'm going to go stare at the picot edges for awhile.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Don't give up on the Daffodil. A sweater that pretty deserves the neckline you envisioned. Try what I do: I set it aside for a bit then go back and stare at the neckline for awhile. Then try again. There is a book available at the OPL called 1000 sweaters. Check it out it might help you. It's a mix and match pattern book with seperate pattens for neck, bodies, and sleeves.