Sunday, July 01, 2007

Oh Canada...

I celebrated Canada Day with a lie-in, several cheesy movies and Daffodil - who is finished. Her official first wearing took place as I drove LS to the Byward Market where she was meeting her friends to celebrate our national holiday.

The crowds on Parliament Hill never really have been my thing - and after living in the heart of the Byward Market for six years, and in or around Ottawa or all but 10 years of my life I've decided that a quiet day in the burbs is perfectly fine. I've taken in the festivities as a reveler and as a volunteer - Canada Day in the capital is a whole lot of fun. Hey - I even got to meet Glass Tiger (oh my god they have a website!) when I was a "greeter" at the airport. Now I'm delighted to get an extra day off!

So today I backstitched my way around Daffodil's neckline (twice, of course). And here she is:


I wasn't so sure about the neckline until I added a ribbon through neck casing, which cinched up the whole things and produced a sweater that I am thrilled with! (The photo doesn't accurately reflected the neckline, which is more boat neck, less scoop.) I'll probably play with the ribbon a bit - maybe shorten it or create a hook and eye type of closing. The body length is just right - I added about 2 inches in the final re-knitting and that made a big difference. I've learned so much from this sweater and I'm so pleased with the final result.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Daffodil looks amazing! Now that's a neckline worthy of that sweater.

Bumbershootska said...

OMG that sweater is gorgeous!!!